Friday, August 31, 2012

August Favorites

August was a fabulous month!  

There were so many fun moments... my baby starting preschool, house plans, and VACATION!

And here were some of my favorite beauty items this month!

__________________________________________

Philosophy shampoo, shower gel & bubble bath
pink frosted layer cake


This was my first Philosophy purchase.  I've always wanted to try one of these lovely bath goodies... especially since they have amazingly unique scents to choose from.  A year or so ago, I discovered a similar-smelling product by Bodycology.  But it's been long gone in my shower.  So I decided to spend a little more (quite a BIT more, actually) and splurge for the Philosophy one... just to see what all the hype's about.  And I must agree, this product is wonderful, as I'm sure all of their other bath products are.  I have only used this product as a shower gel.  I would assume your hair would smell fantastic, but I'm just kind of weird about using these "all in one" products on my hair.  

The smell?  Exactly as it says.  pink frosted layer cake.  Amazing.

I'm excited that I'm nearing the end of the bottle so I can try something different. :)
____________________________________________

Clean & Clear 
Makeup Dissolving Facial Cleansing Wipes


I'm just now jumping on the "makeup remover wipe" bandwagon.  I've always just used my Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash to remove my makeup.  And it worked perfectly.  But I wanted to try something quick and easy to take on vacation.

So I purchased these (I'm on my second pack) and I love 'em.  They do a great job of removing makeup (and pretty well at removing mascara) and leaving my face clean and refreshed.  They don't seem to dry me out at all.  I actually feel more moisturized with these wipes than with my normal cleanser.  Although I'm pretty sure they don't have any sort of "acne fighting" ingredient in them, I haven't had much trouble with breaking out this month... except for the occasional boo-boo (lots of sunscreen this month, and that tends to do it for me).
________________________________________________

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder
Garnier Dark Circle Eye-Roller
Real Techniques Powder Brush


This has been my foundation routine for the past several weeks (unless, of course, it's Sunday or I'm going out).  When I'm at home, doing laundry, this is the quickest and easiest and really does work well for me!

This powder ROCKS.  I can't say enough good things about it.

And the Garnier Dark Circle Eye-Roller is an amazing product.  It's not got tremendous coverage, obviously, but it does a great job concealing mild darkness.  And it's very refreshing!  A real pick-me-up in the morning.

And I LOVE LOVE LOVE this brush.  I purchased a few Real Techniques brushes at Ulta several months ago.  I love them both so much.  This brush, in particular, does a fabulous job of setting my foundation AND buffing in my Stay Matte powder for great coverage.  It is super soft with NO SHEDDING!!!
_________________________________________________

L'Oreal Voluminous
High Definition Mascara


I used this mascara pretty much all month.  It does a great job volumizing my lashes.  Its formula is similar to the original Voluminous mascara, but a tad different.  It's the perfect consistency - not a week later, but - right when you purchase it.  It does a fabulous job of building volume at the roots.  And it's got my favorite kind of brush: a "normal" bristle brush... not too big, not too small.
__________________________________________________

Naked Palette


I don't have to tell you how much I love this... along with everyone else on the planet.  This was actually one of the only palettes I chose to take with me on vacation.  And I'm glad I did.  It was definitely my go-to.  It has so many options, you just can't beat it!
___________________________________________________

Marc Jacobs Daisy
Viva la Juicy


These were my favorite fragrances of the month.  I only have small sizes... since I've been trying out new fragrances.  But I will definitely be purchasing full sizes of these... and Viva la Juicy will be very soon!!!  
___________________________________________________

There you go... my favorites for the month of August!

Leave a comment below if you've tried any of these, if you love or hate them, or if you have a different favorite you'd like me to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment