Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Urban Decay Sin Dupe

As you can tell, my FAVORITE shadow in the original Naked Palette is Sin.  I absolutely love this color.  It's the perfect shade for all over the lid and highlighting the inner corner.  There are many days that I simply sweep this color over my lid, add some eyeliner and go!  It's got the perfect amount of pink and champagne to make a great color for me!


But since I'm scraping the sides these days (and I really don't want to purchase the single shade), I've been searching for something similar.

While browsing the shadows at Ulta last week, I came across this L'Oreal shadow.  I had never tried any of these shadows before, but they were on sale, so I decided to try one out.

This color jumped out at me... it reminded me of Sin.

L'Oreal Studio Secrets Wear Infinite
101 Satin Tutu

I couldn't wait to get home and swatch them side by side.

I'll let you be the judge!


without flash (top)
with flash (bottom)

Now, these shadows are almost identical in appearance.  However, they aren't quite the same in consistency.  I was HOPING they would be.  But not quite. 

Urban Decay shadows are so creamy!  The L'Oreal shadow takes a little more effort.  It's quite a bit more "powdery."  It works best if you use patting motions to apply.

With that being said, it's not an exact match, but it's pretty darn close!

No comments:

Post a Comment