Sunday, May 5, 2013

Review - e.l.f. blushes

HELLO, THERE!

It's been a while.  I'm back today with a review on blushes from the makeup line e.l.f. (eyes lips face, can be purchased at Target, some drugstores and eyeslipsface.com).  

A few months ago, I became "blush crazy!"  I've never been a huge blush user, until recently.  And I've become obsessed.  While I love my MAC and Merle Norman blushes, as well as Tarte and Be a Bombshell, I am EXTREMELY IMPRESSED with the studio blushes from e.l.f.

They have very nice packaging (resembling those of Nars) with a sturdy, sleek black container and a mirror.  They are small enough in size to store easily, but they really hold quite a bit of product.

And they cost $3.  Yes, 3 bucks.

Now, on to the actual colors.  I have purchased 4 colors from the line.  My most recent purchase was just yesterday, actually.  But we'll get to that shortly.


Now, I know that some of the colors look very similar, but they really are quite different.  It's all due to lighting.  I tried my very best to capture the true color of each blush.

We'll start with Tickled Pink.
This is a great rosy pink color.  Not too bright.  Great for everyday pink looks.
Some of the blushes have very apparent glitter, but this one simply has a nice sheen.




Next, we have Candid Coral.  If you like peach blushes, this one is great!  It's very soft, but definitely has that peachy tone to complete your summery look.  And again, there isn't a lot of shine or shimmer with this color, just sheen.



Next, we have Fuchsia Fusion.  I LOVE this color.  While it looks so scary and bright in the package, all it takes is a tiny bit.  Major pigmentation with this color.  But it creates the prettiest bright pink glow to the cheeks.  PERFECT for summertime.

I will say, this blush color does contain larger pieces of glitter, which I am not crazy about.  But when I wear this blush, I tap off the excess from my brush and apply the smallest amount just to the apples of my cheeks.  I don't seem to notice the glitter as much applying it that way.  Also, the top layer of the blush seems to have more glitter built in.  Once you get past the initial layer, it gets better.



And last, we have Twinkle Pink.  This might be my new favorite.  It is the perfect blend of pink and peach with gold shimmer (again, it's actually glitter).  And the pigmentation is great!  I'm amazed at the quality of these blushes for the price.  I purchased this one yesterday at Target and tried it out when I got home.  When I first swatched it, I thought it was going to be too powdery.  It was quite messy in the package.  But it applied just as creamy as the others.
I also wore it to church today with a gold and purple eye look and peachy lips.
So pretty.


Here's a picture of Twinkle Pink on my skin.  I slapped some on (on top of whatever I was wearing before that had worn off) but I couldn't wait to play with it.


My local Target carries a few more that I don't have, but I'm in love with one - Pink Passion.
It will be my next e.l.f. purchase.
While Fuchsia Fusion is a more "purple based" pink, Pink Passion is a bright bubblegum pink.
Looks like it'll be perfect for summer.

Hope you get a chance to try some of these blushes and let me know what you think!
~Carolyn


No comments:

Post a Comment