Monday, September 3, 2012

Review - L'Oreal Magic Smooth Souffle Blush

While shopping at Ulta last week, I picked up one of these new L'Oreal Magic Smooth Souffle blushes in the color Plume.


I was a big fan of the Maybelline Dream Mousse blushes.  But since they aren't around anymore, I thought I'd try to find something similar.

When I got this home and swatched it, I was afraid the color wouldn't work well with my skin tone.  But it seems to work okay.  It's not my favorite color blush, by any means.  But I think it will be pretty for Fall and seems to work well with different makeup looks.


without flash (top)
with flash (bottom)

Plume is a cool toned, rich, mauve color.  It's very blend-able and the color isn't too harsh or deep.  It can be blended out for a soft look or built up for a deep color on the cheeks.

without flash (top)
with flash (bottom)

Though I'm not absolutely "in love" with the color, I LOVE the consistency of this blush!

It is extremely soft with a whipped texture.  It blends effortlessly on the skin.

I cannot wait to try the other colors.  There isn't a wide range of colors yet, but I hope they release more!  

A little pricey, but I feel that these are great to add to your collection of creme blushes.








2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE creme blushes - I have a sephora brand... that is a deep cranberry/plum color that I absolutely love... it gives me jus the right "flushed" look... I am interested in trying these... do they have any pinky tones?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there are only 4 colors in this line, right now at least. I hope they come out with more. I love the formulation. I purchased another one the other day called Cherubic. It's a peachy pink. You should check them out, but there aren't any deeper colors. I think this Plume color is the deepest.

    ReplyDelete