Friday, March 8, 2013

FOTD Friday

It's been TOO long since I've done one of these!!

So here's a look I've been sporting a lot this week.  It's easy and has a few "multitasking" products involved.




Products:

Face
Maybelline Fit Me Foundation in 120 Classic Ivory
Merle Norman Dual Action Concealer in Medium Light Neutral
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles in Brightener
Rimmel Stay Matter Pressed Powder in Creamy Natural
NYX Cream Blush in Boho Chic

Eyes
MAC Paint Pot in Painterly
L'Oreal Infallible Shadow in Iced Latte
L'Oreal Infallible Shadow in Bronzed Taupe
Maybelline Expert Wear Shadow in Browntones
Merle Norman Soft Touch Eye Pencil in Blackout
Covergirl Lash Blast Volume in Very Black

Lips
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Demure

--------------------------------------

my "multitasking" products:

One of my most recent purchases consisted of 2 eye products:
-L'Oreal Infallible Shadow in Bronzed Taupe


and

-Maybelline shadow duo in Browntones


-----------------------

I have a couple of the L'Oreal Infallible shadows and I love them.
I had been eyeing Bronzed Taupe for some time.  Emily from Beauty Broadcast featured it in one of her latest videos.  She did a complete eye look with this one color.
So I picked it up.  It's a great shadow to have in your collection for those days you need a quick look or if you just don't feel like using a lot of products.  This color is a beautiful bronzey taupe (hence the name).  It has a metallic finish, almost wet looking, and has great dimension on eye.



My other purchase was the Maybelline Expert Eye duo in Browntones.
I had been searching for a shadow that I could use to fill in my brows.  I have been using Naked from Urban Decay's Naked Palette for a long time.  But it's starting to wear down.  So I wanted to find something to take it's place.  I really want to try Milani's brow kit.  But my local Target never has it in stock.  So I got tired of searching for it and decided to look elsewhere.  At my last trip to Walgreens, I found Browntones.  It looked perfect, and I was right.  It is.



Now for the multitasking part:

I used Iced Latte to highlight the inner corner and under the brow.  Then, I used the lightest color from the Browntones duo as a transition color in the crease.  Then I used a flat shader brush to apply Bronzed Taupe all over the lid.  I then used a medium sized crease brush to apply it in the crease.  I also used the color on a small liner brush on my lower lashline.  The way the light hits this color, it creates its own highlights and shadows.  It's a great dimensional color.

I then used the lightest color in Browntones, again, for my brows.  Perfectly easy.



No comments:

Post a Comment