Thursday, December 13, 2012

Review: Maybelline Fit Me Foundation

I apologize for the lack of posts. It's been a crazy and stressful few weeks. Also, I'm posting on my phone for the first time ever. Hopefully, the format won't turn out to crazy! We shall see.

I've been trying out this foundation for a few weeks. I've heard mixed reviews about it, but most were positive. So I decided to try it out.

I am pleasantly surprised.

This foundation is targeted to match any skin tone, with a wide range of shades and tones available. As the picture below shows, it's supposed to match natural tone and blend seamlessly. I feel that it does a good job at both tasks. Colors come in 3 categories: light, medium and dark (that might not be exactly how they're labeled, but you get the idea). I purchased shade 120 (classic ivory) in the light category. It matches very well and gives me a little color, as to not look drab.

Thirdly, it allows skin to breathe. I agree. It has a very natural finish. You can tell by my pictures that it is a fairly thin liquid. When blended out, it has a dewy finish. With that being said, someone with extremely oily skin might not care for this foundation. But I have combo/oily skin and it works fine for me. By setting it with a powder, I think it provides light to medium build-able coverage and lasts for several hours without needing a touch up.

If you are looking for a long-wearing foundation, this might not be your first pick. But for a foundation with a wide range of colors, natural finish, and decent coverage, it's a great option. And it's one of the cheaper drugstore foundations I've found.

My high end comparison to this foundation would be Merle Norman's AquaBalance Foundation. It's one of my favorites! But Maybelline's Fit Me wears just as well on my skin. And it's a fraction of the price!

Let me know if you have tried it or plan to in the future!

~ Carolyn









No comments:

Post a Comment