Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Review - Maybelline DREAM LUMI Touch Highlighting Concealor

I have so many concealors.  But this one looked promising.

 Maybelline DREAM LUMI Touch 
Highlighting Concealor
is a pen-type concealor with a brush applicator.
You simply twist the end cap, hear the click, and the product is dispensed through the brush.



Application is nice and easy.  
I haven't had any trouble with the technical side of the concealor
(as I did with the Instant Age Rewind Eraser - which broke after a few uses).

This product comes in several shades, 
but I chose Radiant.

Radiant is a light salmon color.
The reason I purchased this color was for a brightening effect, as well as concealing dark circles.
Salmon colored concealors are great to cancel out the bluish undertones in under eye circles.

Therefore, I can't speak on how well this concealor works for hiding blemishes, since I'm not using it for that purpose.
But I have used it under the eyes, as well as on the bridge of my nose and tops of cheek bones for a highlighted effect.

It has a creamy consistency but is not too heavy.


It also blends nicely.
After blending, it doesn't dramatically reduce the appearance of my dark circles, 
but it does a pretty good job at lightening and brightening that area.

It does stay on the creamy side, so I usually set it with a lightweight powder.
Otherwise, it tends to crease in the little fine lines.


But as a whole, I'm satisfied with this purchase.

Another plus: there aren't too many salmon-toned concealors available in drugstores.
So I'm happy Maybelline decided to make one!
Maybe some other brands with jump on the bandwagon soon.

~ Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment