Wednesday, October 16, 2013

current loves

I'm back with a few current loves.
These are things I've never mentioned before... things that have been stand-out products for me lately.
__________________________________

First up, let's talk about brows.
So many people forget about their brows, but they are quite possibly one of the most important parts of your face.  Yep.  They can make or break your look.  If shaped correctly and filled in where necessary, they can totally change your appearance, making you look "put together."

I don't do a whole lot of plucking or waxing... just what's necessary.
However, I do have a t.e.r.r.i.b.l.e. habit of pulling on my brows (and eyelashes) when I'm nervous.  As a teenager, I did this all the time and would literally pull them almost completely out of my head.  But over the past years, I've made myself stop.... and my husband slaps me if he catches me doing it. 
But a couple of weeks ago, I got nervous and starting pulling.  whoopsie.
So I've been having to do some major fill-in action.
Thank goodness, they're getting better.

Here's my top picks for brows.  They work wonderfully and don't cost an arm and a leg.

Milani Easybrow

If you like pencils, this one is great.  The color applies so easily but the formula isn't so soft that the tip breaks off.  That drives me nuts.  Also, there's a little brush on the other end that is great for brushing through and softening the look.



Milani Brow Fix 

If you prefer powder, this is my pick.  It comes with 2 shades of brow powder and a highlight.  It also comes with little tweezers, a sponge applicator, and a brush for application.  The powder is perfectly pigmented and makes filling in sparse areas a breeze.  And I LOVE the highlight color in this kit.  I use it almost everyday, no matter what eye look I'm wearing.  It's just perfect.



Benefit Rockateur

I bought this blush last weekend.  I could not wait to get my hands on it!
After all the hype about it on YouTube, I'm glad I gave in and purchased it.
It's described as a "rose gold" blush, and I'd say that's pretty accurate.  When I swatch on my finger, it actually has a little more peach than pink.  But when applied on the cheeks, it's the perfect blend with the slightest amount of sheen.  Just perfect!



Michael Todd True Organics
Jojoba Charcoal Scrub

Charcoal, you say?  Yes!  Charcoal.  I tried this product for the first time a few months ago after receiving it in my Ipsy Glam Bag.  This is what the website says about it:

Unique facial scrub formulated with Jojoba Wax Beads and Activated Charcoal to effectively remove dead skin, impurities and toxins. Jojoba Wax Beads provide gentle exfoliation without leaving microlacerations on delicate skin. Highly absorbent Activated Charcoal penetrates deeply into pores to draw out impurities and toxins. Refines texture and encourages skin renewal, leaving skin smooth and refreshed.
All skin types.Gentle enough for sensitive and acne prone skin types.

I absolutely love this scrub.  I use scrubs pretty regularly to refine the texture of my skin and remove dead skin cells and impurities.  I have several that I love, but this might just be #1.
It's black, obviously because of the charcoal, and has a nice clean scent (not strong at all).  What I love most is this.... the granules are SO tiny.  When I use this, it almost feels relaxing.  It's hard to explain, but it feels so wonderful on the skin.  My skin NEVER feels irritated while (or after) using this.  In fact, it makes my skin feel so smooth and refreshed... just as it claims.
Unfortunately, my little sample tube is almost gone.  boo.
But I will be purchasing a full size of this ASAP.
_____________________________________

So those are a few things I've been loving lately!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment