Thursday, November 15, 2012

Olive Martini - a Fall look and review

This post includes a pretty eye look for Fall, as well as the review of a shadow palette by
Maybelline.

This quad was released recently as part of the Maybelline Eye Studio Limited Edition Fall line.

There was so much buzz on YouTube about this particular palette, Olive Martini. 
I could not wait to get my hands on it!  
But it took me FOREVER.
Here in my little town in Alabama, we are usually the last to get the new goodies.
But I waited patiently and eventually was able to grab it a month ago!

The colors are stunning and great for Fall time.



It comes with a shimmery, creamy white highlight color,
a shimmery light blue,
a very unique, sort of duo-chrome, bluish/brown,
and a deep burgundy.


The shadows are great quality and are very pigmented.
The only color that I'm most disappointed in is the white highlight shade.
It just doesn't have the color payoff that the others have.  

There are several ways you can wear this palette, using just a few colors or ALL of them.

In the photos below, I used them all.
I took inspiration from MakeupbyTiffanyD's tutorial.


I placed the light blue on the inner half of the lid.
I placed the duo-chrome color on the outer half of the lid.
I placed the burgundy shade on the outer corner and slightly through the crease - this color is DARK.  So a little goes a long way.
I then used the white shade as a brow highlight and on the tear duct area and slightly below.


 With this palette, you can create a soft and shimmery look,
or a look that's much deeper and more dramatic for the holiday season!

Let me know if you've tried it out.... or are still trying to get your hands on it!

~ Carolyn


No comments:

Post a Comment