Thursday, September 27, 2012

September Favorites

I've been a terrible blogger lately.

I've had a lot going on... seems like we've had doctor's appointments everyday stinkin' day.

But I'll try to do better in the coming weeks.

I don't have a whole lot of new things to show you this month.  But a few really good ones!

For my makeup favorites this month, I have a new foundation.  I've only been wearing it for the past 2 weeks, but I am IN LOVE with it.
I'll be doing a more in-depth review soon.  It's BRAND SPANKING NEW.  You probably won't find much about it if you Google it.  I tried.  
But it is a life changer for me.  Yep.  It's that good.
I'll have to wait to share it with you.
So stay tuned... I know, you're on the edge of your seat. :)

I have a few more beauty products that I purchased this month, but I haven't been using them long enough to consider them favorites.

So I'll move on to other things.

I picked up some Bath and Body Works body washes last month.  One, I have used completely.
Let me begin by saying that I LOVE the new formulation of BBW body washes/shower gels.  They added Shea Butter, I think, and possibly some other things.  But they are SO much more moisturizing than the old ones.  At least I think so.  I can tell a major difference with my scaly, dry skin.

When the Paris line came out, I chose Sweet on Paris.
At first, I wasn't sure how I would like the scent.
But I quickly decided I couldn't get enough!!!
I used it EVERYDAY until it was gone.  No joke.
____________________________________

Then, I went back for more.  This time, "fall-ish" scents.

Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin.  To be honest, I couldn't really imagine myself showering in the scent of pumpkin.  Sounded kinda weird to me.  But it's not too "pumpkin-y" at all.
It's not my favorite.  But it's okay.  It doesn't "stay with you" as long as some of the others do.

But this is a FAVORITES post... so here's my new favorite.



oh. my. word.

I am a sucker for vanilla scents.  But this one is different than the usual BBW vanillas.

It has a subtle "musky" note to it.
And for some strange reason, it reminds me of my ALL TIME favorite soap EVER..... 
Lush's Honey I Washed the Kids.  
And no.... it doesn't have ANY of the same notes in the description.
But it hits the same place in my nose, I suppose.
I love it.  I could smell it all day long.

I will definitely be going back asap to purchase the lotion in this scent.
______________________________

For the past month (maybe longer) I've been using a few products from a new line at Walgreens.
BioInfusion.

The last time I did my sister's hair, she had used this leave-in conditioner and her hair smelled FABULOUS.  She didn't know the exact name of the product, but she remembered it had pomegranate in the description.

So I searched Walgreens for a leave-in conditioner with pomegranate.
And I FOUND IT!


This is NOT the most conditioning leave-in product I've ever used.  But it does work.  And the smell is worth every penny.  I can't describe it.  But it definitely sticks with you.  One of those times when you keep turning your head to smell your locks. :)

I've even sprayed it on my hair dry, just to freshen it up a tad.
But my most favorite thing about it.... it does NOT weigh my hair down.
I can use half the bottle and it still will not make my hair flat.

Another great product from this line....

I'm not a "product" person... I've never found ANY kind of product that didn't leave my hair feeling (or looking) "greasy".  But this one is magic.

It is a serum.  Sort of oily.
But once you dry your hair, it just magically disappears, making your hair smooth, volumized and fabulous!

I am really liking this line of products... and most of all, it's AFFORDABLE!
________________________________

So there you have it.
My September Favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment